Groups counseling provides a safe environment in which children and teenagers can experiment with new behaviors, improve communication skills, and receive support and feedback from peers with similar concerns and interests. Some groups focus on specific topics and themes while others provide support during a transitory time in life. Most groups are made up of 4 to 10 people and meet for 90 minutes 1 time a week for approximately 10 weeks.
A 6 week group for Teens ages 14-18 yrs old
*Coping Skills Group for Teen Girls
When: Wednesdays from 6:30-8 starting January 29, 2014
This is a mindfulness and coping skills group for teen girls who are struggling with anxiety, ability to regulate emotions, depression, problems with peers, low self esteem or destructive coping behavior. The group will be predominately skills-focused with an emphasis on Cognitive Behavioral and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy-informed skills.
Together we will create a "toolbox" full of healthy coping skills that will enable young ladies to successfully navigate the teenage years.
Groups that run at SF Childrens Therapy are based on the current needs of the clients. Topics may include the following:
- Learning to Overcome Depression and Increase Healthy Coping Skills
- Learning to Manage Anxiety and Build Tolerance
- How to Succeed with ADHD
- Learning to have Healthy Relationships and identifying red flags to dating violence.
- Grief and Loss: Understanding the 5 stages of Grief and Move towards Healing.
- Friendship groups: Improving socialization and standing up to bullying